Friday, December 14

For this week's Blogger Insider, I was paired up with A Woman, who is now on my list of reads. :-)
Here's the questions she sent me...

1. As a busy wife and mother with a new home, when do you find the time to blog?
I squeeze it in somewhere. Usually while I eat breakfast, I get my "alone time" on the net. Housework is usually sacrificed and I've been known to scorch supper.

2. Do you see blogging as a release of stress and tension?
Oh yeah! And a way to connect with otherss, to bouce ideas around. It makes me feel I have contact with the outside world when I don't have a chance to be out and around friends or big thinkers.

3. Have you met anyone from the internet that you didn't already know in real life?
Sadly, no. I would *love* to meet Sasha, Aimee, Judy, Talis, Bonnie, Becky and Wendy. I'll link to them later, I promise. or you could browse my links (see sidebar).

4. Have the problems with his family settled down?
Nope, not yet. But we did hear from his brother G. Seems he hasn't been paying attention to the rumours anyway and may actually move into our old house. Currently he lives upstairs from the inlaws and is in the thick of things. Or was. They hardly tell him anything either. So he's still friendly with us.

5. You've been homeschooling for almost 10 years. Does your state make it easy or hard to home school? What would you change about their guidelines for home schooling?
The law in our province is very ambiguois. The same statement they use for homeschooling is also used to cover private schools. I would like to see a distinction. They are also sneaking around trying to undermine homeschooling (no GED for school age kids, pro-school ads etc..) while constantly trying to get us to do more for them. I would like to be able to just check off a box on a form once a year, or only once per kid. These forms are nuts. If they're that worried, they can test my kids. But only once or twice, not yearly or anything like that.

6. What's your favorite comfort food?
Potato chips, sometimes dip.

7. If you had 3 hours to yourself, with no one bothering or watching you, what would you do with the hours and why?
Alone? If it were with Ron, I know the first thing I'd do. ;-) But alone, I guess I would read, shop for myself, go online.

8. Your home is lovely. I love the fireplace with the Egyptian goddesses. How will you decorate the room that has that fireplace? Will you post photos for us to view?
I will post lots of photos and hopefully have a House site with a virtual tour. The room with the fireplace is the dining room. As it is mostly paneled with wood, there's not too much to decorate. I got a new chandelier for it anyway. It has stripey wallpaper above the plate rail, and the painters are going over it in a nice historical cream. I'll put my great-grandmother's china in the glass-front cabinet. It is now over at Mom's in a cabinet with no windows. I'll put lots of plates on the plate rail. Our dining room table will go nicely in there. We'll have a reading nook in the bay of the stained glass windows. There will be lots of plants including a large fern. In the attic we found more grating to go in the fireplace, so we'll clean it up and put it back. I'll scatter a couple of small end tables around with lots of framed photos on them. The idea is towave the room warm and comforting, not just for eating.

9. Do you prefer books or movies?
Books, mostly. They have more depth than a 2 hour movie.

10. Are you spontaneous or do you plan ahead?
I am not a big planner, the details get lost on me, or I get overwhelmed. I like to go and see what happens.

11. What famous person would you meet if you had the chance?
Hmm...I don't really know. I'm not a huge fan of anyone, but if I met anyone famous, I'd probably be a blatering idiot. Actually, I thought about it, and I'd like to meet Madonna.

12. Would you rather be blind or deaf? Why?
Deaf. If I were blind, I would miss the beauty of the world and my kids. And besides, if I were deaf I could really ignore the fights. :-)

13. Cats or dogs?
Dogs.

No comments: