Friday, December 7

I signed up for something called Blogger Insider, so here's my questions that Ellie sent me: (you should see what I asked her!)

1) Do you blog under your real name? If you don't, where did your nickname come from? If you do, does your name have any interesting stories attached to it?
I do blog under my real name, but left my last name off. I have nicknames, other than Mom, like Andy, Anj, Turky Lurky or Turk. I have no idea where that one came from but that's what my grandfather calls me.

2) Do you decorate the Christmas tree (if you have one) formally or do you use "family" ornaments and colored lights?
I always wanted a formal one, and this new house has enough room for both a formal perfect one, and the one which we usually do wiht all the "remember when.." ornaments. It's already up in the new house in the foyer, loaded with ornaments for everyone.

3) Have you ever read everything ever written by a single author?
Alomst. I tend to lose interest in their writing for some reason. Unless they only wrote one or two books that is, but normally, I hardly pay attention to the author of a particular book.
(Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Maeve Binchey are authors I've read lots of.)

4) Do you have a job? (Stay at home moms count). What is it?
Hee hee... chief cook & bottle washer, nursemaid, chauffeur, domestic goddess.. yeah, stay at home mom. Oh, I'm also Ron's secretary, and I am doing all the gluing trims on costumes for the dance company.

5) If you had to be stranded somewhere for a year, alone, but you could pick the place, where would you go?
Someplace warm, preferably hurricane-free, maybe Africa?

6) Do you watch "Survivor?"
Oh you know it! We tape it for the kids to watch the next day, so we can really overanalyze it!

7) Have you ever found a movie you've watched was eerily close to your own life? If so, which one?
There's lots that have parallels, that's for sure. Can't think of the titles, though. (that was so lame of me)

8) What five songs would be on the soundtrack to your life?
Can't Hurry Love, His Eye is on the Sparrow, any Madonna tune (ha!), A beautiful Day - U2, Fallin' - Alicia Keys. At least, that's what I think now. :-)

9) What is your cultural heritage? Are you closely tied to it?
Irish and English. Seems banal, but I do have close ties. Language, books, music, food - all these things. You can tell looking around the house what our cultural heritage is.

10) How long have you been blogging? Do you blog every day? What determines what kind of things get blogged about?
Only been blogging since October, but I've wanted to a long time. I'd love to blog every day, but sometimes I miss a chance to. Sometimes I blog a mini-entry when I don't have the time or inclination to do a "real" journal entry about it, or it's just a little "slice of life". Other times, I do link somewhere else, like a silly test that everyone does, or a try to find an interesting/weird spot I haven't seen linked yet. Funniness counts.

No comments: