Tuesday, June 11

Because Ev said I should update, here's the latest -

Well, after avoiding the list yesterday to Get Things Done, in
retrospect I should have just sat in front of the computer all afternoon
as usual. In a fit of neatness home-dec frenzy, I attacked our bedroom
and decided that new room-darkening shades and proper valances *needed*
to be installed. RIGHT NOW. When I couldn't find the step ladder (either
one) and then realized the screw gun wasn't charged (lost the adapter
too), I should have seen the signs and stopped there.
THe big lessons learned is not to use a plastic strage container to
stand on, and also clear the furniture out of the way. Forming fresh
screw-holes overhead is a job left best to the professionals: men.
That's what they're good for. Also, get help before anyone needs to come
running at your screams by which time you're *really* testy. Addison has
since related, that when i'm in such a mood, it's best not to say
anything, including "are you all right?" because apparantly I'm going to
yell at him anyway.
Whatever. THey are big bleeding hearts, here, I tell ya. They weren't
very impressed by the purple-blue bruise I got when my side hit the
dresser on the way down. Since it was under my arm and right where bra
elastic hits it, I get to let the girls run wild today.It's also a
startling shade of magenta now. One butt cheek (same side) has a nice
bruise, and the other one hurts like heck, especially when I lean a
particular way on the toilet seat. I also smacked the inside of my elbow.
Okay, maybe Ron is sympathetic, but Emma keeps getting in the way. My bedroom looks really nice, though.

No comments: