So this job thing whereupon I glue stuff... I was kind of worried about not being up to snuff for E. She did call me (and visit) today and she said I did a beautiful job on the last bunch I took over. The stuff I was working on today she was really pleased with. *phew* I have been working hard at doing my absolute best because I wanted to impress her on my own merits and also I think I became a little slack over the past couple of years. When I had the store, a lot of customers had very tacky taste and I could just slap stuff together and they thought it was great.
While hse was here, she kept looking at this picture of M's on the wall. Then she said she had once owned one exactly like it. It's rather distinctive, but if you look close, you can see it's a print (on wood). She goes on to tell me she was robbed once and that picture was one that was stolen. But, you know, don't say anything to M about that... Well, sheesh, what a thing to say.
Anyway, we also met a lady at a crafty (somewhat tacky) consignment shop who is considering selling craft supplies, but cautious about the risk. We're going to send over the Christmas stock and see how that goes over. We get rid of our stuff, and she sees how well it will sell (I hope). Good all around, ya think? If that doesn't work out, we'll (Mom & I) rent a local cheap hall and advertise a blowout crafty yard sale in the spring.
Emma has slept for a five hour stretch for each of the past three nights. The only catch was her naps got screwed up and she didn't get to bed until 11:30 or later. She also got up in the morning at the same time each day. I hope tonight is better because I really need a little more sleep.
And on Sunday, in church, I could feel the presence of my Nanny. I felt like she hugged me. It was very sad. And lest I leave you too depressed (I mean, it was nice to "see" her) it is only FOUR MORE SLEEPS 'till the house is ours! At 9:30 Friday morning, we go for a pre-closing house check! YAY!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment